Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Did some playtesting tonight...

John, Micheal, Tim, Kat and I ran a few simple encounters to get a feel for the system.

A few of the conclusions:
* I am very happy with dropping the skill pyramid back down to normal. Micheal needed a couple of milestones to reach his desired competency, but that was about it.

* We're all a little clearer on task resolution.

* I do not like that the Fate rules renamed everything. I still don't really have a good feel for the index. Fortunately, it shouldn't come up a ton.

* Keeping the High Concept and Trouble unrelated seems to be helpful.

* The failing forward thing is pretty funny in Fate.

* Everybody who attended is mostly done with character generation.

* Central has always had issues with how technology and magic work on strange new worlds. I'll make a separate blog post about my current thoughts about that shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment